Search engine optimization has eluded many, and even experts have to go through a process of trial and error to get it right. It is not just about mastering the art of online marketing, understanding search engine algorithms, and crafting strategies that will take a website to the top position in the SERPs. It is also about ensuring the optimum results and revenue through online portfolio management.
There is no one size fits all” strategy in SEO. That is why planning a new campaign can be daunting. However, with a little bit of help and guidance, the process can become much smoother. Here’s a quick checklist that can help you stay on the right track!
Foreword – This is primarily an SEO checklist for the experts, and it specifically focuses on on-page optimization. A perfect combination of these is aimed at helping you make the best of your efforts. Try different combinations to figure out which works the best for you.
SEO 2017 Checklist
Here, we will discuss only the top essentials to consider.
• Do install Google Analytics without fail.
• Google Search Console is also a must if you start with your SEO now.
• If you are focusing on the US market, then you might also install the Bing Webmaster Tools.
• Those who use WordPress can easily get a customized plugin for WordPress Google Analytics.
• Yoast SEO is free for the WordPress users to install.
• Keep a tab on Check Google’s Search Console for duplicate content or crawl errors, missing titles, and other technical errors.
• Try using Browseo.net to check the redirect type problems and specifically, the 302 errors.
• Broken links and crawl problems can be found using Screaming Frog.
• Google AdWords Keyword Planner will help to do instant keyword research.
• Pick a single keyword per page, and you may want to start with the lower-volume keywords.
If you have never reviewed the link profile of your competitor, know that this is the easiest and most successful way to get started with the SEO process of link building. With this initiative, you can see what type of anchor texts your competitors are using, and also from where they get all these links. Below are a few more tips in this area.
• Try and fit the primary keyword into the page URL also. However, it is not ideal to change URL which has already gained some authority to meet this single purpose.
• Do not forget to add keywords to the title tag, meta description, and H1 tag.
• Always add crawlable text on your web pages.
• Ensure that you keep at least 100 words on each URL. Do not start new pages unless you have at least 100 words as content.
• Synonyms are great to be used in your copies. A natural language which is influenced by keyword research is the ideal approach.
• Use the keywords identified through latent semantic indexing on your copy.
• Always give ALT tag texts and filenames to media on your page. The crawlers read the images by checking the alt tag. Therefore, you must choose descriptive file names for these.
• Maintain proper links to the other web pages on your site for the best Omaha SEO results. It is not recommended to use the anchor text in global navigation as it may look over-optimized.
A few more general tips that may come in handy:
• Ensure that there is no duplicate content on your pages. Use the 301 redirects or Google Webmaster Tools to find and fix any duplicate content.
• Try using the PageSpeed tools, GTMetrix, Gift of Speed, or Pingdom to check the page speed and make sure that you are quick loading.
• If your site is not mobile-friendly, it should not exist at all! You can use Google’s testing tool to check mobile friendliness of your page.
• Try to create XML sitemap and robots.txt file to submit to Google Search Console.
• Always claim your brand name on all available social networking sites and start reputation management.
Get familiar with Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) project, which is aimed to create a more user-friendly mobile Web. This initiative introduced a new standard of constructing mobile-friendly web content.
Page load speed matters a great deal when it comes to a website’s performance. Studies have shown that slow-loading web pages end up in higher bounce rates, and most of the users are likely to abandon if the loading time is above 3 seconds.
The lighter HTML and CSS play as the game changer in this. The AMP content gets cached in the cloud without the need to come from your server. From the Google-hosted cache, the AMP pages load about 30 times faster with a median load time of 0.7 seconds.
Similarly, there are plenty of advancements to discuss, which we will cover in the forthcoming articles. Keep an eye out for more articles in this niche to find out about the trending news and updates in SEO.